The OF Blog: Trainwrecks are fascinating

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Trainwrecks are fascinating

I spent much of my early morning (I woke up an hour early! The world is ending!) reading about this exchange between Nick Mamatas and Richard Morgan over a LJ post of Mamatas's regarding Morgan's article from a few weeks ago. The entire thing just got so surreal, so bizarre, that I couldn't help but to read the entire thing. All it lacked was the playing of the Imperial March from the Star Wars movie and perhaps the scheduling for a cage match. Still amazed at how vitriolic it became over what amounted to a simple questioning of veracity.

Oh well, that's the blogosphere for ya. I'm waiting for Salman Rushdie to have a throw-down with Jhumpa Lahiri next over the "coziness" of Indian-American/British literature discussions.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites