The OF Blog: New Poll on 2008 Reading

Saturday, February 07, 2009

New Poll on 2008 Reading

Thanks to the 80 people who voted in the last poll. Although I deleted the poll before thinking of copy/pasting the results here, I have already written and posted the review for the most popular selection, Peter Brett's The Warded Man. Either tomorrow or sometime during the week, I plan on posting a review of Peter Ness's first YA novel, The Knife of Never Letting Go and maybe later in the month I'll get to some of the other runners-up in the previous poll, including Felix Gilman's Gears of the City.

This week's poll deals with the number of books read in 2008. While I doubt many reading this had as much time as I did the first half of 2008 for reading (I had read almost 250 books by the end of June and a little over 130 books the remaining six months) to reach a gaudy number like 385 (which despite my current reading pace, I am not aiming to surpass this year), I am curious to know just how many books readers here had read last year. I suspect more than 95% of the votes will be greater than the average books read by Americans in a year (I believe that number is 4, if memory serves), but perhaps I'll be proven wrong. And if you'd like, feel free to post your known/estimated number in the Comments section here as well.

1 comment:

ediFanoB said...

I was really happy to read 45 books last year. I couldn't read more due to the available time.

But I hope to get more time to read in 2009.

So far I buy more books than I read :-)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites