The OF Blog: So I noticed some wished that I had covered the illustrations in Stanek's book

Saturday, August 21, 2010

So I noticed some wished that I had covered the illustrations in Stanek's book


Really, you'd think people would know better than to challenge me to post more from Stanek's objet de merde.  Well, here are three illustrations taken from that book.  In this first one, notice the strange armor.  Is it to protect a crooked shoulder?  Are genetic deformities part of the world of the Ruin Mist?


You'd frown too if you had to wear an outfit that make Björk's dead swan dress look tasteful in comparison.  Poor animal not only died to make that fur coat, but its head has to stay on her shoulders.  Might explain the image on the staff as well.


Remember how I said in my review that there was an illustration of what almost looks like a spitting image of an Irish priest in a pantheistic setting?  Now you can see the vestments, with the helpful addition of tracking arrows.  Oh, and as a bonus, you can read one full page from the glossary.  This is just so full of win, isn't it?

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Where'd he find this illustrator, the backroom of DeviantArt?

Larry Nolen said...

It says in the copyright that he did the illustrations himself.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites