The OF Blog: I received a cool surprise in the mail today

Thursday, May 15, 2014

I received a cool surprise in the mail today

A couple of weeks ago, I placed an order on Cyberdark (one of the leading Spanish online bookstore, specializing in SF/F) for the recently-released translation of Andrzej Sapkowski's Viper (I'm uncertain if this will ever be translated into English).  As is the case when ordering overseas, I ended up paying more for shipping than for the book itself, but in this particular case, I received, as a bonus, two extra Sapkowski-related items that I had no idea would be included in the shipment:



I knew that a Spanish translation of the recently-released Season of Storms, a prequel of sorts to the Geralt Saga, was in the works, but I didn't know a foreigner such as myself would be eligible to receive an extended preview edition (four chapters, 31 pages) of that translation.  And I certainly did not expect a hardcover copy of the illustrated story "La Tarde Dorada" to be included.  So this certainly made my morning, as now I have more to read from one of my favorite SF/F writers.  I don't know if I should thank the publisher, Luís Prado, or someone else at Cyberdark/Artifex, but whoever it is that I should thank, I do thank them now.  This is seriously cool.  And yes, this is about as close as any will see me online gushing about anything non-squirrel related...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites